Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Assists in supervising sales floor, including but not limited to cashier area, maintaining inventory levels, merchandising and customer service. Previous retail experience is required.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Customer Service, which includes resolving issues and concerns of customers in a retail environment.
- Assists supervising and training student workers on retail sales floor.
- Responsible for register area operations, which includes training students on register, handling returns, exchanges and refunds, student vouchers and department charges.
- Maintains inventory levels on sales floor, which includes restocking, notating low stock levels, tracking customer requests and housekeeping.
- Assists in ordering supplies, software, candy, notions, stationery and other merchandise as needed.
- Responsible in assisting closing store during evening and opening/closing some Saturdays and possibly a few Sundays.
- Assists in store inventories.
- Maintains store-use supplies.
- Accurate knowledge of bookstore policies and procedures.
- Assists in shipping and receiving merchandise which includes checking in merchandise, pricing, entering in POS system, shelving and returns.
- Maintains on-line merchandise and social media sites.
- Assists with processing on-line orders.
- Answering phones.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High school graduate with some college preferred.
- Retail experience required with knowledge of POS systems.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Detail oriented/accurate/organized with good mate aptitude.
- Able to handle stressful fast-paced environment.
- Able to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to accomplish and meet deadlines.
- Computer knowledge with web maintenance helpful.
- Motivated team player.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Overtime as needed by store.
- Able to push, pull or lift 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, generous contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA CREF, and tuition remission included for benefit eligible positions. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.