Administrative Assistant to the Senior Vice President and the Executive and Artistic Director of Music by the Lake
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
POSITION PURPOSE: The administrative assistant supports both the Senior Vice President of George Williams College and the Executive and Artistic Director of Music by the Lake in a variety of administrative functions. Music by the Lake is a summer music festival presenting seven or eight musical performances from beginning of July through the middle of August.
- Represents George Williams College of Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Senior Vice President and the Executive and Artistic Director of Music by the Lake.
- Assists in handling and keeping records, preparing purchase orders and check requests, creating and keeping files.
- Supports with budget management activities for both the Senior Vice President and the Music by the Lake productions.
- Assists with basic word processing, spreadsheets, communication with vendors, as appropriate and directed; Answers the phones, takes messages, and assists with general office duties and scheduling meetings.
- Assists with any special events or assignments as assigned.
- Assists and supports the Executive Director in assuring pre-event and post-event processes for artists and audience at all events.
- Communicates with artists, artist representatives, explaining and expediting contract provisions as directed.
- Supports and gives general oversight as directed for delivery of costumes and props related to musical productions at Music by the Lake; Helps coordinate sets, deliveries, and rehearsals, as needed.
- Interfaces with summer intern or part-time employees as needed and directed.
- Assists with scheduling of auditions.
- Interfaces with logistics, maintenance, security, conferencing and volunteers as directed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree; preferably in business and/or arts/music/performance related field.
- Working with senior level management regarding items of a confidential nature.
- Experience in a multi-faceted, fast-paced office or theatre environment.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems arising in a challenging artistic environment.
- Pleasant phone manner.
- Ability to interact by phone, in person, and electronically.
- Ability to work with artists and co-workers with finesse, poise and confidence.
- Capable of working independently and making decisions within constructs of the position.
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office, Work, Excel, and Power Point.
- Able to move about a campus with hills and uneven surfaces.
- Able to work outside in various weather conditions during Music by the Lake.
- Must attend Saturday evening/Sunday afternoon performances from July 1 through the middle of August.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included.
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
Apply electronically, by fax or hard copy to:
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.