Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Registrar Specialist supports learning by assisting with the day to day operations of the Registrar’s office especially with the specifics of the courses.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the day to day operations of the Registrar’s Office.
- Updates Faculty assignments in Ellucian software for all courses.
- Manages capacity changes of sections in Ellucian software.
- Assists with the creation of sections of courses.
- Tracks and oversee the attendance issues of students.
- Serves as backup Receptionist and assisting students at the front counter.
- Assists with the issuance of transcripts and over the counter transcript requests.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years of administrative assistant experience.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to identify and to solve problems and deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wider range of constituents.
- Strong customer-service focus.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications.
Physical Requirements: Ability to move about campus, spend long periods of time at a computer station.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.