Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: The Senior Programmer Analyst provides support for university departments, maintains documentation and data dictionaries to complete various data surveys and reports for the institution. Works throughout the university community to assure integrity and availability of data.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Analyze software needs of administrative users. Instruct users how to overcome procedural induced problems or modify procedures to overcome problems.
- Assist administrative software users with problem resolution. Determine if user problems are software related or operational difficulties.
- Maintain or enhance existing software applications. Locate and repair software bugs.
- Develop new applications as required in accordance with software design and development procedures.
- Provide user training and instruct users on software enhancements and modifications.
- Assist University offices with institutional research needs.
- Assist with installation of software upgrades.
- Develops appropriate end-user documentation in accordance with standards for software design and development procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field required.
- Five years working with Ellucian (formerly known as Datatel) software, UniData DBMS system, or equivalent.
- Knowledge / experience working in a UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of and experience using database software including a report generator.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people of various backgrounds and levels.
- Good working knowledge of standard Windows office and network applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess excellent human relation skills.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Walking to/from campus buildings.
Health, dental, life, contributions to 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please submit resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.