Campus Public Safety Officer - Level I
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Under the immediate supervision of the Director of Campus Public Safety and Campus Public Safety - Sergeant at the George Williams College of Aurora University in Williams Bay, Wisconsin, assists in the control of persons in or around campus buildings, facilities, and areas adjacent to the school sites.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handles all emergency situations arising on campus, ranging from personal injuries, fires, threats to individuals, and all other emergency situations.
- Enforces all applicable and appropriate federal, state and local laws. Reports all security and safety violations and hazards. Reports incidents of misbehavior to proper campus authority; serves as a positive role model for students; provides general campus supervision.
- Provides visible patrols of the campus in an attempt to prevent crimes and incidents on campus.
- Directs campus visitors to proper locations and prevents unlawful loitering in dormitories and other campus buildings; provides security for parking areas; and other duties as assigned by the Director or designee.
- Exercises physical control only to the extent reasonably necessary to maintain order, protect property, protect the health and safety of students and faculty, or to maintain proper and appropriate conditions to learning.
- Responds when Physical Properties or other appropriate personnel are not available for any other emergency circumstances.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High School diploma required.
- BA/BS preferred or significant experience in related field.
- Knowledge of campus regulations in connection with student conduct; laws pertaining to juveniles; controlled substances and their effect upon behavior; customs and activities indicative of undesirable groups.
- A working knowledge of appropriate federal, state and local laws including the Campus Security act of 1997.
- Ability to work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Ability to interpret rules and regulations.
- Ability to enforce rules and regulations firmly and fairly.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to pass background check.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Valid Driver's License, Wisconsin or Illinois.
- Available to be called in to work or held over until released by the Director of Campus Public Safety.
- Able to walk for extended periods, stand for extended periods, run when necessary, climb stairs, lift up to 50 lbs with no assistance.
- Ability to move about campus on hilly terrain in clement and inclement weather.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.