Aurora University is a private independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. There are two main campuses located in Aurora Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. Additionally, there is an educational center in Woodstock, Illinois. The university seeks professionals who are mission oriented and want to further the promise of higher education in society.
Position Purpose: The Assistant Vice President and Controller works directly with the Vice President for Finance in promoting financial sustainability at Aurora University. Excellent financial reporting, internal control, and management judgment are critical to the success of this position. Additionally, the position must keep a holistic and strategic focus in managing the Controller function across both the Aurora and George Williams College campuses.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Ability to promote strategic objectives of the university through strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required to communicate financial data and information in a meaningful way to all constituents within the university community.
- Must be able to challenge staff to promote change, efficiencies, and progress.
- Manages the Business Office function at both the Aurora and GWC campuses. Includes, cash management, accounts payable, payroll, grants accounting, budget, and cash receipts along with related areas.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Human Resources and budget staff, besides other departments of the university.
- This is a hands-on position that requires a strong ability to manage multiple priorities, understand and attend to the details, while ensuring excellence in achieving the goals and objectives within the university’s strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred. CPA required.
- Accounting and audit expertise in higher education required.
- Ten years of experience and increasing responsibility in a complex organization.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; customer-service orientation. Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and parents.
- Flexibility with an evolving work
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume and letter of interest with salary requirements.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicagoland Area.