Tips for Academic Success
Develop Organization and Time Management Strategies.
- Read chapters before class.
- Develop the habit of being present and participating in class.
Take Good Notes.
- Use the margins to annotate key points, connections, and questions.
Develop Effective Exam Strategies.
- Answer the questions you know first.
- Review your notes before and after class.
Develop Your Writing Skills.
- Use the writing tutors
Get to Know Your Instructors.
- Visit your instructors during their office hours.
- Form study groups for each class.
Visit Your Academic Advisor.
- See your advisor on a regular basis.
Review your syllabus on a daily basis for assignment due dates.
- Complete Assigned Readings on Time