This is an exciting and historic time for AU as we transform the south side of campus with the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School, the new Welcome Center and an expanded parking lot G. Your patience, understanding and flexibility during this process will be appreciated.
Live Construction Video
View live video feeds of the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School and Hill Welcome Center and Schingoethe Museum construction projects.
Campus Parking Modifications, 2013-2104 Academic Year
- Designated overnight parking lots are Lot “D” (north of Vago Field) and Lot “F” (retention lot south of Vago Field). If you plan on leaving your vehicle on campus overnight, you must park in one of the designated lots. Violators will be ticketed.
- You must have a permit to park in a university parking lot. Permits can be obtained at the Campus Public Safety, located at 1408 Southlawn Pl.
- Please do not drive to the CPS facility. Construction in the area is resulting in considerable congestion on Southlawn Pl. You can park in Lot “F,” or another lot, and walk to the CPS building to obtain your permit or school ID.
- Drive slowly on campus and the surrounding streets for safety.
- Comply with on-street parking regulations. The City of Aurora enforces parking violations on the public streets and will ticket vehicles violating parking restrictions.
Work Recently Completed
- Installed STEM school parking lot sewers, curbs and light pole bases, placed stone base and laid binder course of asphalt
- Installed interior and exterior sunshades on windows of STEM school
- Continued final painting, ceiling grid installation and interior glass installation in STEM school
- Completed and landscaped STEM school greenhouse and rooftop garden
- Continuing cabinetry installation and preparation for floor installation in STEM school
- Installed porcelain tile in bathrooms of STEM school
- Placed concrete slab for lecture and recital hall in Welcome Center
- Continued installing exterior windows, roof and brick facade of Welcome Center
- Continued interior wall framing, electrical work and plumbing in Welcome Center
- Begin installing epoxy and LVT flooring in STEM school workshops and labs
- Install acoustical treatments in STEM school workshops
- Complete final painting of STEM school
- Complete ceiling inspections and drop ceiling tiles in STEM school
- Commission mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems for STEM school
- Begin work to upgrade Calumet Road
- Begin rework of Lot E and parking on Southlawn Place
- Pour foundation for the STEM school wind turbine
- Finish installing exterior windows of Welcome Center
- Begin clay tile roof installation and continue installing brick facade of Welcome Center
- Continue framing interior walls and prepare for wall inspections of Welcome Center
Click the image to enlarge the south campus expansion map.
Logistical and Safety Awareness
- Adhere to posted construction signage
- Do not wander through areas with active construction work
- Please watch for trucks entering and leaving the roadways
- Avoid Calumet Ave if possible
Contact Jeff Cali, Assistant Vice President for Administration, at 630-844-6850 or email@example.com.