Aurora University's policy is to remain open for instruction if at all possible. The University will be open for classes unless otherwise announced.
University closing information will be made available online, via email, on local broadcast outlets, and via the AU emergency text messaging system.
In the event of inclement weather, natural disaster or other emergency situation that results in closing the University, please check one of the following sources for additional information:
An official email notification will be sent to Aurora University student e-mail accounts in the event of class cancellation.
CLTV Cable News
WBBM Channel 2
WMAQ Channel 5
WLS Channel 7
WGN Channel 9
AU Campus Safety -- 630-844-6140
AU General Information -- 630-892-6431
AU Emergency Text Messaging (For students, faculty and staff):
- Log in to WebAdvisor.
- On the right side of the screen, click on the "Students / Faculty / Employees" tab.
- On the left side of the screen, click on "Address Change."
- In the middle of the screen, there is a field that reads "You may register below to receive a text message for campus emergency announcements:"
- Type in your cellular phone number.
- Choose your cellular provider from the drop-down list.
- Click on "Submit."