Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Programmer Analyst supports the administrative computing system and applications that interface with it. This includes providing business and system analysis, computer programming support, training, testing, and documentation.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and program computer software to fulfill user and system requirements.
- Provide support and training to end users of the administrative computing system and applications that interface with it.
- Continuously evaluate workflows and processes to provide more efficient and automated processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and analyze system and software problems.
- Support the implementation of software updates delivered to provide enhanced system capabilities or to fix system issues.
- Evaluate and perform internal system process improvements and system cleanup activity.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation for internal use and for end users.
- Actively participate as a member of the team in project initiatives and decision-making opportunities.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Degree or certification in computer science or a related field or commensurate experience.
- Programming experience in a high-level computer language preferred.
- Aptitude for programming in a high-level programming language
- Strong initiative to work independently to meet personal and team goals
- Active interest in continuous professional development and skill enhancement to stay up-to-date with new technologies and job skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and end users
- Experience with a UniData DBMS system in a UNIX environment preferred
- Experience with the Ellucian Colleague administrative system programming in Envision preferably using Colleague Studio preferred
- Experience with the Entrinsik Informer report writer preferred
- Ability to use standard office applications such as MS Word and MS Excel
- Knowledge of any of the following software applications is a plus: R25/25Live, DocLOK, TouchNet, MAXIENT, BASIS/CBORD, eFollet, and OrgSync
- Sitting, standing, moving about campus, and computer use.
Health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, generous contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA CREF, and tuition remission included for benefit eligible positions. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.