Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: The Conference Manager supports learning by being responsible for assisting with the sales and service of groups in the conference center.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Serves as the contact for groups seeking to book a conference, assists with site visits, proposals, contracts, and assists with the communication and implementation of group requirements and conference or meeting needs during their stay on campus.
- Works with the business office to assist with conferencing billing.
- Assists the Executive Director of Conferencing and Foodservice with the preparation of the conferencing operating and capital budget and marketing plan.
- Assists with sales in other revenue producing departments on campus, such as, Music by the Lake, Bistro, and front desk.
- Assist with the implementation of the Campus Emergency Response Plan in cooperation with the director of campus safety.
- Works with the other to improve and to streamline conferencing procedures and processes for the benefit of George Williams College and our students and guest.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills while balancing the best interests of George Williams College.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed with some weekends and eveningsrequired.
- Able to use and learn computer skills and programs relevant to conferencing operations.
- Ability to move about campus on hilly terrain and in inclement weather.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.