Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: The Assistant Manager of the Bookstore the Manager in all aspects of daily bookstore operations. This position is also responsible for textbook/course material management.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Assists manager in daily bookstore operations, and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Supervises all staff and daily operations in manager’s absence. Interviews, schedules and supervises student staff.
- Responsible for textbook/course material management, which includes working with faculty/secretaries in securing course information, ordering, securing copyright permissions, inventory control and enrollment histories.
- Maintains textbook/course material web site and supervises order fulfillment.
- Orders and maintains inventory for school supplies, candy and other departments.
- Responsible for calculating prices and assisting in maintaining price structure for merchandise.
- Customer Service, which includes resolving customer issues.
- Trains new staff.
- Maintains and orders store-use supplies.
- Assists in supervision of physical inventory.
- Minimum high school graduate.
- Two years college preferred.
- Minimum two years retail.
- College bookstore and textbook/course material management experience preferred.
- Detailed oriented, organized, flexible, and reliable.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Good math aptitude.
- Self-starter and able to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Able to handle stress during peak periods.
- Computer and POS system knowledge.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to use a computer terminal.
- Ability to push, pull or lift 60 pounds.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as required.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.