Federal, state and university grants are available to students who show financial needs. To qualify for need-based grants, you must file your FAFSA.
- Pell Grants: Award based on the processed FAFSA and the funding level approved by Congress.
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Available to students with exceptional financial need
- Must be Pell Eligible
- Limited funds are dependent on Congressional appropriations
- Awarded by the university in varying amounts
Illinois Monetary Award Program Grants (MAP)
- Available to Illinois residents attending an Illinois college or university.
- Parents of a dependent student must be a legal resident of the state at the time of the application.
- An independent student must have resided in Illinois for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the academic year.
- Students must apply and meet the criteria each year to renew this grants
- Applicants must file prior to deadlines set by the State of Illinois.
- Awards and deadlines are subject to change based on state funding. View the latest MAP updates.
Aurora University Grant
- Based on financial need
- Awards range from approximately $100 - $6,000
- Both Illinois and out-of-state students are eligible
Aurora University Graduate Grant Program
- Only available to Aurora campus graduate students
- Must be enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking program
Office of Financial AidEckhart Hall 205
347 S. Gladstone Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506