(Bachelor of Arts) and (Secondary Education)
2013-2014 Catalog Year
This 4-Year Plan is only a suggested guide for planning course selections.
Official course selections should be made with the guidance of an academic advisor and will depend on an individual student's situation.
Specific information regarding majors, minors, course descriptions, policies and procedures can be found in the university catalog.
Bachelor of Arts
|ENG1000: Introduction to Academic Writing||4||IDS1600: Culture, Diversity, & Expression||4|
|MTH1100: College Algebra OR MTH1110: Contemporary Mathematics||3||General Education Course (AP)||4|
|HIS1200: American History I||4||HIS1210: American History II||4
|PSC1100: Politics, Culture, and Society||4||BIO2200: Humans and the Environment (ONW)||4|
|Total Semester Hours||15||Total Semester Hours||16|
|ENG2010: Introduction to Research Writing||4||IDS2020: Trajectories of Human History OR IDS2000: Wellness and Social Responsibility||4|
|EDU2200: Standards/Foundation of Education||4||EDU2260: Theories of Learning||4|
|HIS2500: Western Civilization I||4||HIS2600: Western Civilization II||4|
|SBS1100: Introduction to Social Sciences||4||SBS2100: Human Geography||3|
|SPED2120: Characteristics/Identification & the Law||4|
|Total Semester Hours||16||Total Semester Hours||19|
|HIS Selected Course (HIS2200 Recommended)||4||EDU3720: Reading Across the Curriculum||4|
|HIS Selected Course||4||HIS3250: Illinois History and Government||2|
|PSC2110: US Government (KOB)||4||HIS3400WI: Problems in History (WI)||4|
SPED3750: Prosocial/Problem Behavior
|3||HIS Selected Course (non-Western)||4|
|SPED3850: Assistive Technology||1||
SPEDXXX: Linguistics and Language Development
|Total Semester Hours||17||Total Semester Hours||19|
|HIS4990: Senior Seminar in History||4||
*EDU4750: Student Teaching
|General Education Course (AP/ONW)||4||EDU4760: Student Teaching Seminar||3|
|SPED4620: Collaboration and Coteaching||4|
|*SBS3820: Methods for Teaching Secondary Education||4|
|Total Semester Hours||16||Total Semester Hours||15|
- Students must complete 30 semester hours at the 3000 level or above, of which 15 semester hours must be completed at Aurora University.
- Last 24 semester hours of degree must be completed at Aurora University, including at least 18 semester hours in the major.
- WI indicates the required 3000-level Writing Intensive course for the major.
- General Education abbreviations:
- KO = Knowing Ourselves and Others A and B
- ONW = Our Natural World
- AP = Aesthetic and Philosophical Expression A and B
- Courses in bold require acceptance into the College of Education
- * Indicates the course must be applied for 1 year in advance
- The following courses should be taken during Summer Term to finish the degree in four years:
- General Education Course (AP/ONW) (4 hrs)
- ECN2020: Macroeconomics (3hrs)
- COM1500: Intro to Human Communication (KOA) (4hrs)