Minor in Speech Communication: 20 semester hours
Speech communication is a very flexible and adaptable minor that works well in combination with majors such as theatre, English, history, political science, business and education.
To receive a minor in speech communication, a student must complete 20 semester hours of the following courses:
- COM1550 Professional Communication (4)
- COM2250 Human Relationships & Interactions (4)
- COM3200 Persuasion and Consumer Culture (4)
Elective Courses* (select two):
- COM3000 Navigating Organizations (4)
- COM3500 Intercultural Communication (4)
- COM3810 Special Topics in Communication (4)
- COM4100 Communication Research (4)
- COM4940 Communication Internship (4)**
- THE1200 Introduction to Theatre (4)
- THE1300 Acting I (4)
*Communication or media studies majors must select two unique electives not already used to fulfill the requirements of the major or another minor.
**To be eligible for the minor, this course requires approval of course/internship content as relevant to minor.