Athletic Training Admission Requirements
The Athletic Training program begins in the student’s sophomore year.
- Application Deadline: April 30 of student’s freshman year
In addition to Aurora University’s general admission requirements, the Athletic Training program requires the applicant to:
- Possess a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited higher education institution (minimum of 24 credit hours).
- Submit a physical examination and immunization record, including initiation of the Hepatitis B vaccine series prior to enrolling in ATR1760 or a signed waiver indicating refusal. Deadline: 1st day of freshman spring semester.
- Meet with the Athletic Training advisor.
- Complete pre-athletic training courses:
- BIO1210 Biology of Cells
- PED2080 First Aid/CPR or equivalent
- ATR2050 Foundations of Athletic Training
- ATR1760 Athletic Training Practicum
- Complete athletic training entrance exam with a passing score.
- Complete an FBI fingerprint check through the Kane County Regional Office of Education by Feb. 1st of the student’s freshman year ($40 cost incurred by student).
- Complete a personal interview with faculty members of the athletic training program.
- Submit signed Technical Standards Statement. Deadline: August 15 of sophomore year.