Bachelor of Sciences
2013-2014 Catalog Year
This 4-Year Plan is only a suggested guide for planning course selections.
Official course selections should be made with the guidance of an academic advisor and will depend on an individual student's situation.
Specific information regarding majors, minors, course descriptions, policies and procedures can be found in the university catalog.
|ENG1000: Introduction to Academic Writing||4||
IDS1600: Culture, Diversity, & Expression OR IDS1610: Being Human
|MTH2210: Calculus I||4||MTH2220: Calculus II||4|
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4|
|Total Semester Hours||14-16||Total Semester Hours||14-16|
|ENG2010: Introduction to Research Writing
||4||**2000-Level IDS Course
|MTH2230: Calculus III||4||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4|
|MTH 3270: Discrete Mathematics
||3||MTH3320: Modern Geometry
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4||Elective||3|
|Total Semester Hours||14-15||Total Semester Hours||16-17|
|MTH4260: Number Theory OR MTH4300: Introduction to Real Analysis
||3||MTH4450: Abstract Algebra
|MTH3250: Linear Algebra
||3||MTH Selected Course
3000/4000 Level General Education Course
|Total Semester Hours||13-14||Total Semester Hours||16-17|
|MTH Selected Course
||3-4||MTH Selected Course
|MTH4990: Seminar in Mathematics||1||Elective||4|
|Total Semester Hours||15-17||Total Semester Hours||15|
- Students must complete 30 semester hours at the 3000 level or above, of which 15 semester hours must be completed at Aurora University.
- Last 24 semester hours of degree must be completed at Aurora University, including at least 18 semester hours in the major.
- Choose one of the following 2000- Level IDS Courses:
- IDS2000: Wellness and Social Responsibility
- IDS2020: Trajectories of Human History
- IDS2030: Science and Society
- IDS2040: Global Justice
- General Education abbreviations:
- KO = Knowing Ourselves and Others A and B
- ONW = Our Natural World
- AP = Aesthetic and Philosophical Expression A and B
- Recommendation: Student should minor in Computer Science, Business, or another minor that complements their academic and career goals