Aurora University announces that the Illinois State Educator Preparation and Licensure Board (SEPLB) approved the 36-semester hour Master of Arts in Educational Leadership - Principal Endorsement Program in October 2012. The rigorous Principal Endorsement Program collaboratively designed by Aurora University and members of the District Partnership Network* will begin in June 2013.
curriculum design includes 90 hours of field experience embedded in nine
courses giving candidates the opportunity to directly apply what they are
learning in class. Coursework prepares
the candidates for the Internship, which takes place in PreK-12 instructional
settings under the joint supervision of a local principal mentor and the Aurora
University faculty supervisor.
Candidates prepare to become principals and assistant principals as they learn how to:
- Meet the instructional needs of all student populations;
- Collect and analyze data;
- Create and implement data driven School Improvement Plans that increase student achievement;
- Hire, mentor and professionally develop staff;
- Supervise and evaluate certified and non-certified staff;
- Apply knowledge of leadership and organizational theory, systems management, and ethical behavior within the school and community they serve.
We look forward to educating candidates and collaborating with districts to jointly prepare future principals and assistant principals. Please contact Andi Danis, Program Manager for additional information by calling (630) 844-3857 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
School of Education
*District Partnership Network members include: Aurora East District # 131; Aurora West District # 129; Batavia District #101; Central District #301; Geneva District #304; Kaneland District # 302; and Yorkville District # 115.
We invite additional districts and non-public schools to join our District Partnership Network.