Admission Requirements - Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college and/or university (minimum 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) for all prior college
and/or university credit. Aurora University accepts official electronic
transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu.
- Current curriculum vita or detailed resume
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Please seek persons who are
acquainted with your professional or academic abilities.
- Statement of Purpose. Your personal statement should be typewritten,
double-spaced narrative of 2-3 pages and reflect standards of
graduate-level writing. It should describe your motivation and
aspiration for becoming a behavior analyst. The following questions may
be used as a guide:
- How did you become interested in Applied Behavior Analysis?
- What are your current interests in Applied Behavior Analysis?
- What are your future goals in relation to Applied Behavior Analysis?
*Admission interviews are not required. However, the ABA committee may
require an interview for additional candidate information.
Background Check: Once admitted into the program, a
national background check is required. Please note that a criminal
background (including, but not limited to, convictions concerning child
abuse, child neglect, or violence) may render you ineligible for a
practicum experience, which is a requirement for the Aurora University ABA
Master’s degree program and national ABA certification.