Campus Ministries helm the faith-based opportunities on campus. We are here to help students grow in their faith and take part in services, conferences, and discussions that will help them do that and see the perspectives of other spiritual traditions as well. No matter what faith or denomination you are, everyone is welcome at all of the events. There is also a variety of programs that allow for discussion, worship, and celebration. Below are just a few of the events sponsored by us.
• Every Tuesday evening, we present “Serve, Lead, Believe,” a gathering with food, in which we explore a particular issue or question in our lives or the life of the world: all are welcome!
• Our flagship series, “What I Believe”, in which faculty and staff share their core convictions and the values and beliefs that inform their life and work
• Reflecting the University’s roots and historic identity, Christian worship in Chapel to mark significant moments: the start of the year, Christmas, Ash Wednesday, Easter
• Observation of Jewish holy days and festivals: Rosh Hashanah, Hanukkah, Passover, Purim
• Occasional celebrations of other religions traditions such as Eid and Diwali
• Opportunities to share in service and dialogue with other local faith groups
• Retreats and workshops to help us discover our unique purpose and potential in life
• Small group conversations led by students: Bible study, issue-based or denominational groups, prayer triplets
• Engagement in the world’s life: peace vigils, letter-writing campaigns, advocacy and action for justice and dignity for all humanity