This is an exciting and historic time for AU as we transform the south side of campus with the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School, the new Welcome Center and an expanded parking lot G. Your patience, understanding and flexibility during this process will be appreciated.
Live Construction Video
View live video feeds of the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School and Hill Welcome Center and Schingoethe Museum construction projects.
Campus Parking Modifications, 2013-2104 Academic Year
- Designated overnight parking lots are Lot “D” (north of Vago Field) and Lot “F” (retention lot south of Vago Field). If you plan on leaving your vehicle on campus overnight, you must park in one of the designated lots. Violators will be ticketed.
- You must have a permit to park in a university parking lot. Permits can be obtained at the Campus Public Safety, located at 1408 Southlawn Pl.
- Please do not drive to the CPS facility. Construction in the area is resulting in considerable congestion on Southlawn Pl. You can park in Lot “F,” or another lot, and walk to the CPS building to obtain your permit or school ID.
- Drive slowly on campus and the surrounding streets for safety.
- Comply with on-street parking regulations. The City of Aurora enforces parking violations on the public streets and will ticket vehicles violating parking restrictions.
Work Recently Completed
- Poured concrete slab of STEM school greenhouse and began window installation
- Completed all major structural components of STEM school
- Continued roofing on the south side of the STEM school extending north
- Continued overhead and underground mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems going in on the south half of STEM school
- Continued prep-work for south side concrete slab-on-grade of STEM school
- Continued installation of first floor and recital/lecture hall concrete footings, foundations and piers of Welcome Center
- Complete all roofing and continue installing exterior windows of STEM school
- Prep and pour north and south concrete slabs of STEM school
- Continue waterproofing exterior block walls of STEM school
- Begin interior non-structural walls and installation of major components of STEM school building, including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems
- Complete first floor concrete foundations and piers and install structural steel on first floor of Welcome Center
- Begin first floor exterior masonry walls of Welcome Center
- Complete backfilling of upper and lower level foundation walls of Welcome Center
- Begin underground plumbing and electric in lower lever of Welcome Center
Click the image to enlarge the south campus expansion map.
Logistical and Safety Awareness
- Adhere to posted construction signage
- Do not wander through areas with active construction work
- Please watch for trucks entering and leaving the roadways
- Avoid Calumet Ave if possible
Contact Jeff Cali, Assistant Vice President for Administration, at 630-844-6850 or email@example.com.