This is an exciting and historic time for AU as we transform the south side of campus with the new Welcome Center. Your patience, understanding and flexibility during this process will be appreciated.
Work Recently Completed
- Opened Welcome Center offices
- Installed foundation for grand entrance monuments
- Remodeled house at 441 S. Randall Road, which is the new home for the Business Office and Human Resources
- Remodeled vacant space at Wackerlin Center for offices and Libby's Place, the new food pantry
- Retrofitted parking lot lights with LED bulbs, vastly improving energy efficiency
- Replaced heating and ventilation system in Thornton Gymnasium
- Upgraded flooring in Davis Hall and Memorial Hall
Campus entryway coming to life: The development of the new entryway to the university continues to move forward. The foundation for low stone monuments was recently installed, and masonry work on the custom fabricated stone monuments will take place in the coming weeks. The landscaping on Prairie Street, between Randall Road and Gladstone Avenue, will also be complete this month. Together, these elements will create a welcoming entrance for campus guests.
- Install custom fabricated stone monuments at grand entrance
- Complete Welcome Center and Schingoethe Center furnishings and fixtures
- Complete landscape updates along Prairie Street, between Randall Road and Gladstone Avenue
Contact Jeff Cali, Assistant Vice President for Administration, at 630-844-6850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.