Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Responsible for recruitment of a diverse student population of full-time freshmen to undergraduate programs. Counsels prospective students throughout the admission process. Reports to the Dean of Freshman Admission.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a member of the Freshman Recruitment team.
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment of traditional-aged freshmen from an assigned geographic territory in the state of Illinois.
- Provides accurate information about Aurora University's degree programs and admissions procedures.
- Evaluates high school transcripts.
- Manages high school visits, attendance at college fairs, home visits, campus visits, telecounseling, written correspondence and financial aid discussions.
- Assists with the coordination of open houses and on-campus recruitment events.
- Provides basic financial aid information to prospective students and families, including explanation of the financial aid process; works with the family to determine a comprehensive financial plan for attendance at the University.
- Coordinates work of student intern to assist in fulfilling admission counselor duties.
- Recommends and implements strategies to meet enrollment goals for freshmen.
- Assists with promotional materials and special projects related to recruitment as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience in higher education, admission or sales preferred.
- Ability to relate well to prospective undergraduate students.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a customer-service orientation and professional manner.
- Computer knowledge essential.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and parents and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Valid Illinois driver's license.
- Ability to travel regularly to high schools and career fairs, providing own vehicle.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to move about at college fairs, high school visits, home visits, campus visits.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
Health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, generous contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA CREF, and tuition remission included for benefit eligible positions. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.