This is an exciting and historic time for AU as we transform the south side of campus with the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School, the new Welcome Center and an expanded parking lot G. Your patience, understanding and flexibility during this process will be appreciated.
Live Construction Video
View live video feeds of the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School and Hill Welcome Center and Schingoethe Museum construction projects.
Campus Parking Modifications, 2013-2104 Academic Year
- Designated overnight parking lots are Lot “D” (north of Vago Field) and Lot “F” (retention lot south of Vago Field). If you plan on leaving your vehicle on campus overnight, you must park in one of the designated lots. Violators will be ticketed.
- You must have a permit to park in a university parking lot. Permits can be obtained at the Campus Public Safety, located at 1408 Southlawn Pl.
- Please do not drive to the CPS facility. Construction in the area is resulting in considerable congestion on Southlawn Pl. You can park in Lot “F,” or another lot, and walk to the CPS building to obtain your permit or school ID.
- Drive slowly on campus and the surrounding streets for safety.
- Comply with on-street parking regulations. The City of Aurora enforces parking violations on the public streets and will ticket vehicles violating parking restrictions.
Work Recently Completed
- Erected concrete precast panels of STEM school
- Began laying block for walls on the north side of STEM school, with corresponding plumbing and electric work
- Continued structural detailing on the south side of STEM school
- Completed lower level foundation of Welcome Center
- Poured lower level concrete piers and completed preparation for floor slab
- Continue masonry, plumbing and electric on the north side of STEM school
- Complete masonry walls on the north side of STEM school and begin erection of steel
- Complete steel detailing on the south side of STEM school
- Continue first floor concrete footings and foundations of Welcome Center
- Backfill recital and lecture hall walls of Welcome Center
- Remove access ramp to lower level of Welcome Center
Click the image to enlarge the south campus expansion map.
Logistical and Safety Awareness
- Adhere to posted construction signage
- Do not wander through areas with active construction work
- Please watch for trucks entering and leaving the roadways
- Avoid Calumet Ave if possible
Contact Jeff Cali, Assistant Vice President for Administration, at 630-844-6850 or email@example.com.