Cohorts are now forming in Aurora, Hillside, Joliet, Peoria, the LaSalle/Peru/Ottawa area and at the AU Woodstock Center.
Aurora University offers a 36-semester hour Master of Arts in Educational Leadership - Principal Endorsement Program approved by the Illinois State Educator Preparation and Licensure Board (SEPLB) and collaboratively designed by Aurora University and members of the District Partnership Network*.
The curriculum design includes 90 hours of field experience embedded in nine courses giving candidates the opportunity to directly apply what they are learning in class. Coursework prepares the candidates for the internship, which takes place in PreK-12 instructional settings under the joint supervision of a local principal mentor and the Aurora University faculty supervisor.
Candidates prepare to become principals and assistant principals as they learn how to:
- Meet the instructional needs of all student populations;
- Collect and analyze data;
- Create and implement data driven School Improvement Plans that increase student achievement;
- Hire, mentor and professionally develop staff;
- Supervise and evaluate certified and non-certified staff;
- Apply knowledge of leadership and organizational theory, systems management, and ethical behavior within the school and community they serve.
We look forward to educating candidates and collaborating with districts to jointly prepare future principals and assistant principals. Please contact, Elizabeth Botica for additional information by calling (630) 947-8918 or by email, email@example.com or complete the form below.