- Consider getting the Seasonal Flu Vaccine
- Available on campus on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., in Thornton Gymnasium on-campus (cost: $32)
Follow the "3 c's":
- CLEAN: wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- COVER: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the used tissue in a covered, lined wastebasket right away. Cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve if you do not have tissue rather than sneezing into the air or into your hand. Wash your hands.
- CONTAIN: Try to stay several feet away from sick people to avoid catching their germs. If you suspect you have the flu, you should remain home until you have been fever free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) to prevent the spread of flu to others.
Stay away from people that are sick
Practice good health habits including adequate sleep, eating nutritious food, and keeping physically active.
Do not share personal items, such as drinks, eating utensils, or lip balm.
Be prepared in case you get sick and need to stay home for an extended period of time. Having self-care supplies such as hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies, tissues, thermometer, over the counter fever reducing medications, throat lozenges, decongestants, and your usual prescription medications or other related items could be useful and help avoid having to make a trip out in public while you are sick.
Knowing the facts and being prepared is your best defense. Visit our Resources page for reliable, accurate and timely information.