Tax Information

Education tax credits may provide you with an opportunity for tax savings which can help with expenses for higher education. An education credit helps with the cost of higher education by reducing the amount of tax owed on one’s tax return. There are two education credits available: the American opportunity tax credit and the lifetime learning credit. For more information, contact your tax professional or you may find information regarding education tax credits on the IRS website at

If you would like to request a statement of your tax year account activity, please submit a 1098T Request Form or you may review your past year statements through the Online Student Accounts Center. This may be accessed through the Web Advisor "Make a Payment/View E-Bill" option.

This information is being provided as a service to the student population and is not intended as tax advice. Students may wish to consult a tax professional to discuss their individual situation. Students may obtain additional information through the IRS website. No employee of Aurora University will provide tax advice or consult with students regarding eligibility or qualifications for these tax credits.

Aurora University will report eligible AMOUNTS BILLED/CHARGED to students' accounts during the tax year along with any scholarship/grant credit on the 1098T form. We do not report the amount paid by the taxpayer. The taxpayer must refer to their own records for this information. The amount billed/charged is not necessarily the amount paid by the taxpayer. The tax credit available is based on the amount paid. Please consult with a tax professional for more information.