Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: Responsible for financial aid counseling of undergraduate and graduate students at the university. Provide essential information to students seeking financial aid. Reports to the Dean of Student Financial Services.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides individual counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of the financial aid process; work with the family to determine a comprehensive financial plan at Aurora University.
- Provides financial aid services to prospective freshmen, transfer, adult and graduate students.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures regarding financial aid, including the application of the institutional financial aid matrices.
- Determines financial aid eligibility for students and calculates financial aid awards.
- Coordinates and completes the verification process.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of loan processing and Entrance and Exit Interview requirements.
- Participates in financial aid workshops, seminars, and open houses.
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience in higher education preferred and in financial aid essential.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and parents and to develop strong working relationship with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet systems.
- Knowledge of Datatel desired.
- Valid Illinois driver's license.
- Ability to travel when necessary to off-campus evening and weekend events, providing own vehicle.
- Ability to move about at those locations.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.