Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: The Junior Systems Administrator maintains existing software applications and develops new applications to support management information needs of Aurora University and various departments.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Create and maintain server and system documentation.
- Provide backup support to Active directory, VMware and storage infrastructure.
- Interact and work with faculty to provide support of LMS interface with classes.
- Schedule training for faculty on the LMS system and develop further training materials.
- Collaborate with Senior Systems Administrator to plan, implement, and troubleshoot system design changes and updates for the university learning management system.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system backups.
- Perform daily administration, monitoring, trouble-shooting, system maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum four years working in a network environment with higher education experience preferred.
- Minimum one year demonstrated experience supporting Linux and Windows based servers.
- Working knowledge of server and storage hardware.
- Administration and deployment of open source applications.
- Experience training end users on applications preferred.
- Experience administering systems from command line and scripting with BASH.
- Experience providing technical support and training for network and applications.
- Active Directory administration.
- VMware administration.
- Storage administration (SAN).
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to move about campus and walk hilly terrain.
- Ability to work in awkward positions (bending, stooping, crawling under desks).
- Occasional travel to alternate university sites.
Health, dental, life, contributions to 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please submit resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.