Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Clinical Placement Secretary supports learning by providing clerical support for the Director of Field Experiences, the Clinical Placement Coordinator, and university supervisors. The Clinical Placement Secretary prepares the documentation supporting the teacher candidates' eligibility for field experience placements. The Clinical Placement Secretary assembles all the files for the teacher candidate placements and reviews the files for appropriate content. The Clinical Placement Secretary maintains and processes the requests for the credential file system.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates and maintains documentation of candidates' eligibility for field placements.
- Prepares and communicates to candidates and the Director of Field Experiences regarding the status of eligibility for field experiences.
- Maintains and creates reports from a database regarding the diversity of field experience placements for the Director of Field Experiences.
- Manages the Credential file system with processing mailings for graduated students (copies credential, mails to school/district, deposit funds) and maintaining files.
- Supports the needs of the university supervisors (collects and processes paperwork, students' folders - assembles, collects, and reviews for completion).
- Creates, updates, and maintains the contracts for university supervisors and content supervisors.
- Processes Fingerprint Criminal Background Checks and DCFS Mandated Reporter Training for students in the Education program (maintains Access database, processes forms, deposits funds).
- Prepares exit survey packets distributed by the university supervisors.
- Collates, enters, and summarizes student teacher program exit survey results for analysis.
- Makes reservations for conference rooms for orientations and seminars for the Director of Field Experiences and designees.
- Assists the Director of Field Experiences with the typing of documents, reports, proposals, and correspondence, and meeting minutes.
- Handles the incoming phone calls from students, supervisors, and school personnel.
- Assists with the information management of the Moodle sites for Field Experiences as requested by the Director of Field Experiences.
- Assists the Clinical Placement Coordinator as needed.
- Orders supplies, duplicates materials, and requests for duplication of large projects at the request of the Director of Field Experiences.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: High School Diploma required. Some college courses preferred.
Experience: Computer literacy required. Some business office or experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient computer knowledge including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software abilities.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to move about the campus.
- Ability to interact on the phone or in person, and via electronic media.
Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
Apply electronically, by fax or hard copy to:
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.