Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.POSITION PURPOSE: The Admission Counselor at George Williams College supports learning by working with the enrollment team in the overall recruitment of full-time and part-time students for all undergraduate and graduate programs both in a face to face and on-line environment. Counsels prospective students throughout the admission process. Reports to the Director of Enrollment.
- Represents George Williams College of Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service. Learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Serves as a member of the enrollment management team.
- Assists in the recruitment of students for all academic programs, provides campus tours to prospective students as needed.
- Provides accurate information about George Williams College degree programs and admissions procedures.
- Represents George Williams College of Aurora University at internal and external recruiting events, including area companies, college fairs and community colleges visits.
- Assists with the coordination of open houses and on-campus recruitment events.
- Provides basic financial aid information to prospective students and families, including explanation of the financial aid process.
- Interviews and counsels students on the admission requirements and coordinates appointments with appropriate faculty advisors.
- Recommends and researches strategies/trends to meet enrollment goals.
- Assists with promotional materials and special projects related to recruitment as appropriate.
- Sensitivity to the needs of all students necessary.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a customer-service orientation and professional manner.
- Computer knowledge essential.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and parents and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Flexibility with an evolving work situation.
- Ability to travel regularly to college and career fairs, and local businesses, providing own vehicle.
- Ability to move about at those locations.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
- Some evening and Saturday hours required.
- Valid driver's license.
Health, dental, life, contributions to a 403(b), and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.