Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs supports learning by providing administrative support and office management for the Vice President for Academic Affairs of Aurora University. Also works with Dean of Academic Administration, Jurisdictional Deans and Executive Directors and Dean of Faculty Development, on ongoing projects and special projects.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the daily functions of the Academic Affairs office.
- Manage calendar for the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Schedule meetings as needed for Vice President for Academic Affairs including coordinating schedules among participants.
- Arrange travel for the Vice President for Academic Affairs and those reporting to the Office of the Academic Affairs as needed.
- Monitor budgets for Vice President for Academic Affairs, including all budgets that fall under the offices' jurisdiction.
- Create and process faculty contracts.
- Maintain full-time faculty records.
- Coordinate faculty searches for those disciplines reporting to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of opening week events.
- Recorder of minutes for Educational Affairs Committee Meeting of the Board of Trustees and other meetings as needed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Oversee adjunct contract work as it applies to the Office of Academic Affairs.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High school diploma required, some college preferred (associate or bachelor's degree).
- At least five years of experience as an assistant to a senior administrator or manager, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to move about campus in clement/inclement weather.
- Ability to spend long periods of time at a computer station, interact verbally via electronic mail and telephone.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.