Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Aurora University is looking to build a pool of qualified part-time faculty to teach a variety of courses. The ideal candidate is able to teach across the curriculum, contributing the department’s mission to develop critical and ethical communicators able to create, analyze, and manage messages in a variety of media. We have particular need for candidates able to teach in any of the following areas: professional/business communication and writing, interpersonal/small group/organizational communication, graphic design, and public relations/advertising. Courses are offered at the Aurora campus (traditional and degree completion programs), Woodstock Center (degree completion program), and AU online (traditional and degree completion programs).
- Professional/Business Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Interpersonal/Group Communication (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Organizational Communication (undergraduate - Junior level)
- Communication Theory (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Writing for Communication/Media (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Persuasion & Consumer Culture (undergraduate - Junior level)
- Public Relations (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore)
- Advertising (undergraduate - Freshmen/Sophomore)
- Strategic Communication Writing & Production (undergraduate – Junior level)
- Strategic Communication Campaigns (undergraduate – Junior/Senior level)
- The Art of Film (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Visual Communication (undergraduate – Freshmen/Sophomore level)
- Digital Design & Production (undergraduate – Sophomore/Junior level)
Candidates must have a completed master's degree in communication or related field with preference given to candidates with industry experience. For more information about the Department of Communication at Aurora University, please visit: http://www.aurora.edu/communication.
Please email resume or curriculum vitae, plus cover letter stating the specific areas you are interested in teaching to:
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the greater Chicago area.