Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: 2013-2014 Academic Year
Official course selections should be made with the guidance of an academic advisor and will depend on an individual student's situation.
Specific information regarding majors, minors, course descriptions, policies and procedures can be found in the university catalog.
|ENG1000: Introduction to Academic Writing||4||IDS1600: Culture, Diversity, & Expression||4|
|MTH1100: College Algebra||3||BIO1210: Biology of Cells OR||4|
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4||BIO1060: Human Biology|
|PSY1100: General Psychology||4||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4|
|PSY 2210: Careers in Psychology||1
||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4|
|Total Semester Hours||15-16||Total Semester Hours||14-16|
|ENG2010: Introduction to Research Writing||4||IDS2000: Wellness & Social Responsibility||4|
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4||PSY3380: Brain and Behavior||4|
|General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4||General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4|
|PSY Selected Course from Group A or B||3-4||PSY Selected Course from Group A or B||3-4|
|Total Semester Hours||13-16||Total Semester Hours||14-16|
|PSY Selected Course (WI)||3-4||PSY3520: Experimental Psychology||4|
|PSY/SOC3500: Research and Statistical Methods||4||PSY Selected Course from Group B||4|
|PSY Selected Course from Group A or B (only 2 needed, however, you can take them in the semester of your choosing)||3-4||Elective||3|
|3000/4000 Level General Education Course (KO, ONW, AP)||3-4||Elective||3|
|Total Semester Hours||13-16||Total Semester Hours||17|
|PSY4700: Contemporary Issues in Psychology (Fall or Spring)||4||PSY4700: Contemporary Issues in Psychology (Fall or Spring)||4|
|PSY 3940/4940: Internship (Optional)||1-3||PSY 3940/4940: Internship (Optional)||1-3|
|Total Semester Hours||14-16||Total Semester Hours||14-16|
- Students must complete 30 semester hours at the 3000 level or above, of which 15 semester hours must be completed at Aurora University.
- Last 24 semester hours of degree must be completed at Aurora University, including at least 18 semester hours in the major.
- WI indicates the required 3000-level Writing Intensive course for the major.
- General Education abbreviations:
- KO = Knowing Ourselves and Others A and B
- ONW = Our Natural World
- AP = Aesthetic and Philosophical Expression A and B
- A total of 36 semester hours are required to complete the Psychology major.
- PSY 3940/4940, Internship: Students can take a maximum of 9 credit hours to count toward graduation. Only three credit hours will count toward the major. The remaining hours will count as elective credits.
If you have questions about this major, contact Kidada Robinson or Pat Rosche in the Crouse Center for Student Success at (630) 844-6870.