These requirements will apply to students enrolling at AU in the 2017-2018 academic year. Current students can find the requirements that apply to them by consulting the relevant academic catalog.
Required Courses: 50 semester hours
- Applied Music: Seven semester hours
- MUS1070 Recital Attendance (0) (P/F for all semesters enrolled)
- MUS2400 Musicianship I (4)
- MUS2610 Musicianship II (4)
- MUS2620 Musicianship III (4)
- MUS2630 Musicianship IV (4)
- MUS3400 Conducting (2)
- MUS3410 Music History I (4)
- MUS3450 Music History II (4)
- MUS3510 Music History III (4)
- MUS4100/4300 Vocal/Keyboard Pedagogy (2)
- MUS4990 Recital/Senior Capstone (1)
- Eight semester hours of Ensemble (one each)
Ensemble must be approved by music department faculty.
- Pianists must take one semester of Choral Ensemble and MUS2300 Accompanying (1).
- Vocalists must take two semesters of Applied Piano Study (.5 hours each) or placement by instructor permission.
- MUS2100 Diction for Singers I (2)
- MUS2110 Diction for Singers II (2)
- MUS3130 Vocal Literature (2)
- MUS3330 Keyboard Literature (2)
- MUS3500 Applied Conducting (1)
- MUS4400 Audio Recording and the Business of Music (2)