Learning Outcomes — Management Information Technology
- Development of technical and managerial skills in information technology.
- Application of appropriate system analysis and design methodologies to enhance existing information systems and business processes.
- Ability to research and plan for application of complex information technologies.
- Ability to apply spreadsheet and database software to solve business problems in all functional areas of business.
- Ability to recognize, value, and appreciate current management and ethical issues in the use of current and emerging information technologies.
- Ability to exploit information technology as a tactical resource and to plan for the use of current and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of computer programming (CSC 1500) or a basic understanding of computer hardware (CSC 3500).
- Experience real-world learning and application of skills via internship. Note: Specific outcomes will vary by assigned internship experience.