We are not currently accepting new applications for this program. Please contact the Office of Admission at 630-844-5533 or email@example.com for additional information.
Upon completing a B.A. in Communication Studies or Media Studies, students will demonstrate proficiency in the following:
Join Communication Studies and Media Studies Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate competency in preparing and delivering oral presentations, including effective verbal/non-verbal delivery, content, and organization.
- Students will demonstrate competency in interpersonal communication through face-to-face interviewing.
- Students will be able to plan and lead a group meeting, demonstrating effective team leadership skills.
- Students will be able to write clear, concise, professional copy for journalistic, public relations or other communications contexts.
- Students will be able to write an academic research report, demonstrating an understanding of research writing style and format.
- Students will demonstrate an application of ethical reasoning principles to problem solving in professional communication and message production.
Communication Studies-Major Specific Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to apply academic and professional research to communication strategies.
- Students will be able to plan and prepare an effective communication strategy.
- Students will be able to adapt messages to multiple audiences.
- Students will be able to effectively implement and evaluate strategic communication.
Media Studies Major-Specific Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate basic competency in visual communication, including image creation and manipulation and an understanding of design elements.
- Students will demonstrate basic competency in digital multimedia production, including scriptwriting, cinematography, and audio/video editing.
- Students will be able to analyze media artifacts by considering multiple modes (textual, visual, audio, etc.) and applying accepted critical methodologies.