These requirements will apply to students enrolling at AU in the 2017-2018 academic year. Current students can find the requirements that apply to them by consulting the relevant academic catalog.
Minor in Multimedia Journalism 20 semester hours
The minor in multimedia journalism gives students a solid foundation for succeeding in the field of journalism or broadcast media. The minor produces graduates who are multifaceted in their skills and prepared for entry-level positions with media outlets. It also offers expertise to students who plan to pursue careers in other disciplines that intersect with the media, such as English, history, political science and business. Students will need to successfully compete at least 20 semester hours in the minor.
- COM2200 Writing for Communication (4)
- COM2850 Visual Communication (4)
- COM3140 Multimedia Journalism (4)
Elective Courses* (select two):
- COM3250 Digital Design (4)
- COM3350 Interactive Media (4)
- COM3700 Broadcast Media Production (4)
- COM3810 Special Topics in Communication (4)**
- COM4940 Communication Internship**
- ENG2060 Introduction to Creative Writing (4)
*Communication or media studies majors must select two unique electives not already used to fulfill the requirements of the major or another minor.
**To be eligible for the minor, this course requires approval of course/internship content as relevant to minor.