We are not currently accepting new applications for this program. Please contact the Office of Admission at 630-844-5533 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Minor in Graphic Design 20 semester hours
A minor in graphic design will supplement majors from art, computer science, business, marketing and other fields. The minor in graphic design provides the necessary skill set needed in visual communication and the tools to contribute and work with information/marketing campaigns and creative professionals. A graphic design minor will have advantages and opportunities, including strategic planning and full involvement in the creative process and opportunities. Interdisciplinary courses in communication and art will help students develop exceptional skills and the ability to verbalize creative ideas on a variety of platforms.
- COM2850 Visual Communication (4)
- COM3250 Digital Design (4)
- COM3350 Interactive Media (4)
Elective Courses* (select two):
- ART1210 Two Dimensional Design (4)
- ART2670 Photography I (4)
- COM3710 Screenwriting and Cinema Production (4)
- COM3810 Special Topics in Communication (4)**
- COM4940 Communication Internship (4)**
*Communication or media studies majors must select two unique electives not already used to fulfill the requirements of the major or another minor.
**To be eligible for the minor, this course requires approval of course/internship content as relevant to minor.