- Apply child development principles in advocating for children and youth through social policy decision-making.
- Apply the cognitive, behavioral, and biological factors having important implications for competitive sport participants from early childhood through high school age during their field and internship experiences.
- Translate sport science research into practical implications for youth sport coaches, teachers, and administrators through specifically designed course assignments.
- Examine youth policy as formulated in response to the pressing social needs of youth, as indirect youth work, and as a community's moral compact with its young people.
- Understand the fundamental theories/issues in sport marketing as they uniquely apply to the sport business industry.
- Experience how technology is evolving and being utilized within sports marketing.
- Acquire the American Sport Education Program credential necessary to coach in secondary schools in the state of Illinois.
- Ability to apply for senior level positions within the YMCA through completion of the secondary major, YMCA Senior Director Certification Program.
Open House and Visit Days