The items below are required for the application file to the Aurora University Principal Endorsement Program. Once all materials are received, applicants will be contacted with further instructions for the interview/portfolio portion of the application procedure.
Qualification for Admission:
candidates seeking admission to the Principal Endorsement Program must have a
current Illinois teaching certificate (early childhood, elementary, secondary,
special k-12, or
preschool-age 21) and be in a current full-time teaching position.
Passage of the Illinois Basic Skills Test or TAP Test of Academic Proficiency.
- A completed program cohort commitment form and $100 deposit. *
- A completed Aurora University Principal Endorsement Program admission application.
- An official transcript from the last degree earned: undergraduate degree indicating a GPA of 2.75 or higher or a graduate degree indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher, both based on a 4.0 scale.
- A current resume documenting required teaching and leadership experience.
- A recommendation from your current district superintendent, as well as a recommendation from your current building principal addressing the following:
- Implementing data analysis skills, resulting in instructional revisions and increased student learning/achievement
- Documenting strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills in a current role or the capacity to assume a significant teacher leader role in the school and/or community environment
Following receipt of the above documents the candidate is required to attend an orientation and portfolio development seminar. Notification will be sent to the candidate regarding specific seminar dates.
Questions regarding admission and receipt of documents should be directed to Marcia Gapsari , Office of Graduate Admission, 630-844-4643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Deposit is completely refundable up until the first night of class, and is applied directly toward first semester tuition.