As of February 1, 2012, candidates seeking an endorsement as Director of Special Education must have:
- A current teaching certificate, or Type 73 certificate
- An Administrative Certificate (Type 75)
- 30 semester hours covering six distribution areas within special education*
- Two years full-time experience in a special education services area (can include social work, school psychology, and speech/ language pathology)
- Completion of at least 12 semester hours of required special education director courses
Candidates seeking the endorsement must also pass the Director of Special Education exam #180.
*A transcript review by the program chair will determine if previous coursework has been met or if the candidate needs additional hours.
The Director of Special Education Endorsement is offered in a cohort format with cooperating districts or ROE’s. Please contact Liz Botica 630-947-8918 or email@example.com for admission information, or complete the form below to learn more about the program.