We will guide you through the ISBE certification process and help you prepare for the Illinois Basic Skills and Illinois School Social Work tests. Most students complete the certification requirements in one year or less.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all prior undergraduate and graduate colleges and/or universities. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu
- Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-approved program with an average GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Students with a GPA of less than 2.75 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional or academic abilities
- Test of Academic Proficiency (400); passing score required
*Students may opt to take the ACT Plus writing subtest and earn a 22 composite score on the exam to qualify for a waiver of the TAP.
- School Social Work Content Exam (184); passing score required
We believe that the student should play a vital role in determining his/her field placement. We will help you select an internship site and maintain contact information with partner schools. If you have experience in relevant areas, our social work coordinator will meet with you to determine if the experience is applicable. Placements should be arranged before you register for SWK6430; Most students make internship arrangements in January.