MSN Bridge Program
The Master of Science in Nursing bridge option is designed for registered nurses (RNs) with baccalaureate degrees outside of nursing. When you successfully complete the bridge courses with a GPA of 3.0 or better, you will qualify for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program.
The MSN bridge program includes:
- Prerequisite courses in statistics and upper-level research. You can show proof of previous college-level courses in these subjects or take these courses simultaneously with the required bridge courses.
- 14 semester hours of required courses, including:
- NUR 3030WI Dimensions of Professional Practice
- NUR 3280 Health Assessment, Education and Promotion (You may earn credit for this course through the Departmental Challenge Examination)
- NUR 4850 Nursing: A Community Outlook
The Master of Science in Nursing bridge program is also offered through AU Online.
Master of Science in Nursing
Once you have completed the MSN bridge program, you will be eligible for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program at AU. The MSN degree includes:
- 38 semester hours, including 28 semester hours of core classes, 10 semester hours of a specialization and a thesis or research project.
- Option to choose a specialization in either Administration or Nursing Education.