These requirements will apply to students enrolling at AU in the 2017-2018 academic year. Current students can find the requirements that apply to them by consulting the relevant academic catalog.
- A minimum of 60 semester hours (beyond the master’s degree).
- Successful completion of three degree milestones:
- Completion and submission of self-reflection on progress toward EdD program outcomes
- Successful passing of comprehensive examination
- Successful defense of a dissertation research project
- Completion of all requirements within three years (minimum) or six years (maximum) from first enrollment.
To complete your degree in three years, you will complete six courses each year. If you wish to engage in a lengthened program, you would take one course in the fall and spring terms, completing all coursework by the end of the third year.
All courses meet one day a week in the evening, and Saturdays (some Saturday classes meet every week in the morning; others meet every-other week during the morning and early afternoon.)
Degree requirements can be found in Aurora University’s Graduate Catalog. Specific components of the EdD degree programs can be found in the Annual EdD Student Handbook.
- 2016-2017 Handbook
- 2015-2016 Handbook
- 2014-2015 Handbook
- 2013-2014 Handbook
All doctoral students are required to be continuously enrolled. Doctoral students must be enrolled for at least one semester hour of dissertation credit until their dissertation is completed. In any semester, doctoral students can register for as few as one dissertation credit or as many as 12.