We strive to recruit a diverse group of students who have had relevant and significant work and life experiences, and who can relate to diverse and vulnerable populations. We consider factors relating to the applicant’s academic ability, work, service and extracurricular experience, especially as they relate to promotion and development of resilient communities, organizations, social groups, families and individuals.
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from your MSW degree granting college and/or university. Applicants with equivalent clinical master's degrees (Master in Counseling Psychology, Master in Marriage and Family Counseling, Master in Human Services, etc.) may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional or academic abilities
- Current curriculum vitae or detailed resume
- Proof of Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) credential (Illinois candidates only). Please list your license number on the application and in your resume. Non-Illinois and non-MSW candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Candidates who do not hold a clinical license will have their clinical experience evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the DSW admission committee.
- Three years of professional clinical experience and a clinical master's degree, e.g. bachelor's degree, three years professional clinical experience (pre, post or concurrent with a relevant master's degree, and a relevant clinical master's degree. This will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Writing sample in the area of Clinical Social Work Theory and Practice