Admission RequirementsAll candidates seeking admission to the Curriculum and Instruction with Bilingual/ESL Education Program must:
- Have a valid Illinois professional educator license (early childhood, elementary, secondary, special PreK-12, or preschool-age 21)
- Have one or more years of teaching experience in a PreK-12 setting and current district employment
- A completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from the last degree earned: undergraduate degree indicating a GPA of 2.75 or higher or a graduate degree indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher, both based on a 4.0 scale. Aurora University accepts official electronic transcripts at AU-ETranscripts@aurora.edu
- A recommendation from your current building principal or direct supervisor.
- Aurora University Graduate Admission will access your previous academic transcripts to note your ESL/Bilingual courses completed at AU.
Attendance Policy: All Graduate Education Programs
Attendance is mandatory at all class sessions. If a student is to be absent for any reason he/she must discuss the expected absence with the course instructor before it occurs.
Academic Standards and Evaluation in Graduate Education Programs
Upon completion of each course, letter grades are assigned to each student. At the graduate level, a "C" grade indicates less-than-complete mastery of the content and methods of the course. Only two grades of "C" are accepted at the graduate level in the M.A.C.I. program, and they must be balanced by two course grades of "A." If a "C" is received within the first three courses, the student may be removed from the program by action of the program faculty.