This is an exciting and historic time for AU as we transform the south side of campus with the John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School, the new Welcome Center and an expanded parking lot G. Your patience, understanding and flexibility during this process will be appreciated.
Campus Parking Modifications, 2013-2104 Academic Year
- Designated overnight parking lots are Lot “D” (north of Vago Field) and Lot “F” (retention lot south of Vago Field). If you plan on leaving your vehicle on campus overnight, you must park in one of the designated lots. Violators will be ticketed.
- You must have a permit to park in a university parking lot. Permits can be obtained at the Campus Public Safety, located at 1408 Southlawn Pl.
- Please do not drive to the CPS facility. Construction in the area is resulting in considerable congestion on Southlawn Pl. You can park in Lot “F,” or another lot, and walk to the CPS building to obtain your permit or school ID.
- Drive slowly on campus and the surrounding streets for safety.
- Comply with on-street parking regulations. The City of Aurora enforces parking violations on the public streets and will ticket vehicles violating parking restrictions.
Work Recently Completed
- Continued foundations of STEM school
- Completed/tested water service stubs into STEM school
- Prepared Welcome Center subgrade for concrete footings
- Begin interior concrete footings and grade beam along south wall of Stephens Hall
- Continue interior underground plumbing of STEM school
- Continue exterior concrete foundation walls on northwest side of STEM school
- Insulate and back fill foundations on east and south sides of STEM school
- Begin masonry and set steel columns on south half of STEM school
- Begin pouring concrete footings and foundations of Welcome Center
- Begin foundation walls on Welcome Center
Click the image to enlarge the south campus expansion map.
Logistical and Safety Awareness
- Adhere to posted construction signage
- Do not wander through areas with active construction work
- Please watch for trucks entering and leaving the roadways
- Avoid Calumet Ave if possible
Contact Jeff Cali, Assistant Vice President for Administration, at 630-844-6850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.